There’s a huge appeal to a hot summer day, whether you prefer the beach or the beautiful views of a good nature hike. Not only does summer give you the time for fun in the sun, but it also gives you time to have fun with your special someone.
If summer is one of your favorite times of the year, it may just give you some big opportunities to pop the big question to the one you love.
Summer Proposal Ideas
Although summertime is known for sports, only 3% of women say they want their engagement to take place in front of a large crowd. Avoid making a big engagement mistake by leaving the stadiums to the sports fans.
Here are three fun summer proposal ideas to would make anyone on the receiving end of the big question say ‘yes’:
- A romantic evening on the beach. You don’t have to be a fan of the water to have fun in the sun at the beach. A sunset over the water is an instant romantic setting, no candles necessary. What’s more, you can customize a beach proposal in a variety of ways. Take your special someone out for a walk in the sand, the boardwalk, or over the local ice cream shop. Just be sure to check the weather for the day you intend to propose to keep a warm happy day from becoming sweaty and miserable.
- A warm morning on the lake. The lake is a great place to propose if you and your special someone are on the adventurous side. Just be sure to propose in a boat or canoe and not a kayak or self-propelled surfboard. The last thing you want to do after popping the question is to accidentally drop the ring into the water.
- A beautiful walk through a flower garden. Parks and nature walks are fantastic places to propose because of the romantic scenery of plants and flowers. Have a romantic picnic or go for a walk before proposing to set the mood. Just be sure your special someone isn’t allergic to bees before planning anything to be on the safe side.
McGee Jewelers offers personalized engagement rings, personalized bridal jewelry, and various types of wedding rings. To learn more about our personalized engagement rings, contact McGee Jewelers today.
Mother’s Day is just around the corner, which means it’s high time to start thinking about what you can do this year to show your mom how much you appreciate everything she does.
Instead of gifting your mom with the same old flowers you give her every year or even the dreaded picture frame, take a look at the following Mother’s Day gift ideas to inspire you to do something a little more personal.
- Personalized rings. Personalized rings are a unique yet classic gift idea for Mother’s Day. Custom rings can be engraved with your mom’s name, an important date, or even decorated with her birthstone.
- Spa day. Everyone deserves a spa day now and then, but especially your mom. Instead of giving her a gift card, though, consider making a day out of it. Not only is a spa day better with someone you love, but your mom will also enjoy spending quality time with you. The personal time you spend with her is what makes this Mother’s Day gift special, not just the massages and skin treatments.
- New bedsheets. How long has your mom been talking about needing to change up the master bedroom? Consider getting her that bed set she’s had her eye on for a while. Or, if you’re worried about picking the wrong comforter, go for some new bedsheets that are durable, comfortable, and soft.
- A weekend getaway. Millennials aren’t the only ones who want to experience more in life. Another great Mother’s Day gift idea is to take your mom out for a weekend getaway to a nearby city or even to a local bed and breakfast. Don’t worry so much about the destination for this gift. Instead, focus on the experience itself.
- Fine jewelry. If rings and vacations aren’t quite your mom’s thing, fine jewelry makes for a wonderful Mother’s Day gift. Consider giving her a reason to wear it too by taking her out for a nice dinner or to a play. She’ll appreciate the extra surprise.
Up to one-third of those who buy diamond jewelry say they’re willing to spend more than $1,000. Give your mom something that will take her breath away this Mother’s Day. For more information on personalized rings and custom jewelry, contact McGee Jewelers today.
Giving someone a beautiful ring or necklace is great, but you can really make that special day that much more special with personalized jewelry. Sometimes tailored jewelry can be a bit too much for the situation, but in many instances it can be something that person will cherish forever.
Giving someone something unique is a wonderful way to show them that they’re extraordinary too. There are many different ways to create personalized jewelry and/or custom jewelry for every occasion you can think of.
There are two ways to make your future spouse’s rings absolutely perfect: personalization and customization, or both. When you customize a ring, the jeweler will create a special design just for you and bring to fruition the engagement rings/wedding bands of your dreams. You can then add to that uniqueness with a personalization, such as an engravement.
In a broad definition, many people give and receive gifts on a wedding day. Brides and grooms are given gifts from their guests and they, in turn, give memorable gifts to their bridal parties and guests as well. Each one of these gift-giving occasions is suitable for a piece of custom jewelry. Watches, bracelets, necklaces, and so much more can be made into commemorative gifts to celebrate a day of union.
While giving someone a piece of jewelry made just for them on their birthday is always a great idea, there is something more cherishing to be had. On the day of your child’s birth, create a piece of jewelry with something memorable such as their heartbeat or day and time of birth. It can be anything from a beautiful ring to a bracelet or necklace. Any brand new mother would love to capture the moment they performed a miracle into something they can wear every day.
As stated before, there is no one occasion that permits a personalized gift. Any day can be a reason to give someone something special. An impressive 38 million Americans will buy watches and fine jewelry in any given year for themselves or others. Events like weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, and other holidays are the perfect time to give that special someone a piece of exquisite jewelry. Make your purchase something truly unique with personalized jewelry by a custom jeweler.
Contact McGee Jewelers for your customization and personalization needs.
Nothing may be more romantic than giving that special someone custom jewelry. In fact, as many as a third of all American adults buying diamond jewelry reported they were willing to spend over $1,000. That’s dedication.
However, did you know there were ways you could make your fine jewelry purchase even more romantic to dazzle the love of your life? Here are a few ways your custom jewelry designer can take your beautiful jewelry and take it a step further for something extra special.
Bring your culture into your custom jewelry
If the jewelry you’re choosing to give to your special someone is meant to be customized, why not customize it even more by bringing in a bit of culture? Certain cultures value specific types of beads and materials that symbolize love, health, and happiness. By incorporating these colors into your jewelry gift you could make your gift that much more romantic and meaningful.
Another way to bring culture into your custom jewelry is to choose a cultural style. For instance, the Irish may truly have a lot of luck but they certainly know how to speak the language of love. A Claddagh ring symbolizes friendship, love, and loyalty and is often worn as an engagement ring or a wedding band.
Ask your custom jewelry designer to inscribe the ring
Whether or not your special someone is a fan of diamonds, an inscription can take a simple piece of fine jewelry and turn it into something lovely and meaningful. Consider inscribing the ring with the date you first met or a few sweet words.
A personalized message inscribed in a ring can truly take customized jewelry to the next level. What’s more, your special words carved along the inside of the band will ensure no one will ever have the same ring. The fine jewelry your custom jewelry designer creates will be one in a million.
it can be challenging to find the right jewelry for that special someone, especially if they already own fashion jewelry and know what they like. However, you can make custom jewelry gifts that much more romantic with just a few personal touches. For more information on personalized jewelry, contact McGee Jewelers today.
Up to 38 million Americans will purchase fine jewelry in any given year, but it’s on Valentine’s Day that fine jewelry is perhaps the most popular. Valentine’s Day is a day to spread love be it to your partner, best friend, or even your parents. And for many Americans, one of the best ways to show love is through gifts.
However, gift ideas are often targeted toward women during this loving holiday. As a result, many Americans are left feeling stumped when buying gifts for the men in their lives. Therefore, consider the following gift ideas for your special guy this Valentine’s Day:
Watches are one of the most popular types of jewelry for men. They also come in a wide variety of styles and colors. Ergo, whether the special man in your life is a fan of gold, silver, stainless steel, or fine leather you’re guaranteed to find a watch he’ll be dazzled by. What’s more, watches can also be made into custom jewelry. Have a special quote or date you’d like to engrave? Consider it done.
- Engraved rings
Women aren’t the only ones who love a beautiful ring. Men’s rings tend to be thicker and more simplified, but they can still make a grand statement. Consider engraving the inside or outside with a sentiment or both yours and his initials.
Cufflinks can be incredibly snazzy and are sure to take your man’s suit to the next level. Like watches, cufflinks come in a variety of styles so whether your man prefers a minimalist look or prefers to go above and beyond, you can be sure to find something he’ll like.
- Tie clips
Tie clips may not sound the most romantic, but they can be a luxury accessory if your guy routinely ties a tie every day. They also make a great minimalist gift if you’re unsure if your guy is into wearing jewelry.
Custom jewelry is one of the best gift ideas to give a loved one at any time of the year. For more on personalized jewelry, fashion jewelry, and bridal jewelry, contact McGee Jewelers today.
Did you know that a third of people who purchase diamonds from their local jewelers will spend more than $1,000 on a single piece? Fine jewelry is a beautiful accessory, meant for catching the eye. Most common among these jewels are diamond engagement and wedding rings.
For being one of the most valuable and meaningful pieces of custom jewelry people own, it’s often neglected and subject to the trials of everyday wear. Caring for your rings is important if you want to keep them dazzling as long as possible. Let’s look at the whys and hows of properly caring for your precious jewels.
It’s Good For You
A lot of people out there wear their jewelry all day, every day. This is especially true of engagement rings. Not only is it good for the ring to be cleaned now and then, but it’s good for your skin, too! The build-up of sometimes invisible grime against the skin has been known to cause irritation and infection if not properly cleaned. Stay away from that happening and let your ring take a bath every once in a while.
They’ll Last Longer
Sort of an offshoot of the previous piece of advice, responsible cleaning and maintenance will help your ring last longer. Everyday wear and tear isn’t always easily visible, but even some of the smallest of taps run the risk of loosening a stone (or a few). Bringing it in for metal repair and stone tightening every few months is recommended for keeping from stone loss and general upkeep that’s barely visible to most wearers, at first.
Fine jewelry can be deceptive in the sense that precious stones and metals seem beautiful even when they’re dirty or in need of repair. Some people even go so far as thinking that precious stones and metals can’t be damaged! Yes, diamonds are incredibly resilient and metals are difficult to harm, but years and years of daily use will cause stress to the metal and gemstones alike. You want to keep that ring as shiny and brilliant as the day you received it. Don’t fall into the trap of complacency — invest in everlasting sparkle!
If you aren’t sure where to start, a quick stop at one of your local jewelers‘ shops would be your best bet. They know exactly what your ring (or any other piece you have) needs to stay bright and beautiful; just like you.
The holidays are right around the corner and many couples are searching for just the right gift to give the love of their life. But with all of the special occasions you’ve celebrated together, it can be difficult to choose a gift that has emotional and material value.
Fine jewelry is one of the most classic and elegant holiday gifts. Beautiful jewelry can be customized according to style, metal, or diamond. Fine jewelry can even be engraved to ensure your significant other knows how much you mean to them.
With these thoughts in mind, here are three fine jewelry ideas for both men and women to make your loved one shine bright this holiday season:
- Birthstone pendant. A birthstone pendant is a custom jewelry design that’s automatically personal to the woman you love. What’s more, a birthstone pendant tells her how glad you are she was born and how happy you are to have her in your life. Remember: up to 61% of men consult with their girlfriend prior to choosing a ring, but with a birthstone, you won’t have to worry about whether it’ll make her feel unique. It will.
- Heart-shaped jewelry. No piece of fine jewelry is quite as classic as the heart-shaped necklace. The heart itself declares your love, but with small customizations, you can personalize your design to fit the woman in your life perfectly. Surround a heart-shaped pendant with gemstones or make her shine with gold. Any design you choose can’t go wrong.
- Charm bracelet. Charm bracelets are incredibly romantic and help tell the story of the two of you as a couple. Choose to only include a few charms to leave your personal story up to the future or fill it with charms that remind her of how you met, your first date, and your first anniversary.
- Dog tags. Dog tags have incredible potential for custom engraving. You can engrave either side with his initials, an inspirational quote, the date you first met, or words that tell him how much he means to you.
- Watches. Watches are unisex, but are often the go-to choice of jewelry for men. They can be casual, colorful, simple, high tech, or classic, which means you can easily find a timepiece to match your man’s personality. For special occasions like Christmas, consider choosing a quartz or sterling silver watch and engraving it with something meaningful.
- Cufflinks. Like watches, cufflinks are one of the most popular styles of jewelry for men. Consider getting him cufflinks inscribed with his initials for a little extra shine for those nights out on the town.
Fine, custom jewelry is a wonderful and meaningful gift that can lift anyone’s spirits during the holiday season. For more jewelry designs and gift ideas, contact McGee Jewelers today.
In the United States, up to 75% of all brides receive engagement rings made from diamonds and gold. Not every bride is the same and many prefer silver, but there is one type of gold engagement ring that has been growing in popularity in recent years: rose gold.
From jewelry to electronics, rose gold has slowly been taking over multiple industries because of its soft, peaceful color and unique flair that stands out among the others. What’s more is that rose gold, when used for engagement rings, come in a variety of styles that can make any bride happy.
If you’re still deciding whether to choose a silver, gold, or rose gold bridal jewelry, here’s why you should consider opting for rose gold:
Rose gold has a vintage look
Rose gold has a wonderful, vintage and romantic look to it unlike other metals, and not just because of its pink hue. Rose gold was incredibly popular during the 1920s during the American age of wealth. Stylish women and men flocked to their jeweler for vivid colors like rose gold to incorporate them into fine jewelry designs.
Rose gold is incredibly affordable
Because rose gold is made up of approximately 22.5% copper and 75% gold with a little silver to make the color more subtle (higher percentages of copper alloy makes the color a brighter red), rose gold comes at an affordable price point.
Rose gold compliments all skin tones
Many brides of various ethnicity will often compare gold and silver to their skin tones to see which color looks the best. Whether you’re dark skinned or light skinned, warm-toned or cool-toned, rose gold compliments every bride.
Rose gold can be used in any design
Rose gold can be used in a wide range of outstanding bridal jewelry and various types of wedding rings. With multiple types of stones, finding a ring with a jeweler that’s custom fit to your style will be far easier than you think.
Rose gold is not only a timeless and romantic color, but it also makes for an incredibly unique and beautiful engagement ring. For more ideas about how you can incorporate rose gold into your custom jewelry design, talk to your local jeweler today.